While at the Fancy Food Show in Las Vegas, we had the opportunity to have several discussions with manufacturers. Most were presenting CPG. Our expertise is in foodservice distribution, so our qualifier was pretty easy, “Are you interested in growing your business in foodservice?”
Sometimes, we would need to explain foodservice is more than just restaurants, as it includes schools from pre-K through university, healthcare, B&I, entertainment and much more.
If they were interested, we’d follow up with (usually in a call after the show) more questions.
- Do you have the right packaging for foodservice?
- Does your pricing include distributor costs you’ll be asked to cover?
- Have you worked out your logistical solutions?
- Do you have a marketing plan?
- Are you in the GDSN? (Where your product information is stored in the cloud)
- How do you find your next great customer?
We will dig in and give more detail on these questions over the next few weeks. Let me know if you have a foodservice distribution question we can answer.