Your off to a good start being prepared by first thinking deeply about what the Category Manager needs and secondly diving into your own motivations.
With these two perspectives in mind, here’s recommendations to be memorable.
- Build an agenda & be efficient.
- Impress the CM by being prepared and always deliver value.
- Market information: Technomics, etc.
- Historic results – Share these a couple days ahead of time with some notes on where to focus.
- Current situations
- Plan for the future
- Build a relationship. When I was in sales, I didn’t do a great job of this. In Merchandising, I see some great sellers that connect well on a personal level along with professional. Their phone calls get answered.
Comments are closed